courtesy of AllRecipes.com
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 medium bananas, roasted & mashed
2 cups oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Roast the bananas first by following the instructions over at ehow.com, a couple hours before making these cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in bananas, oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Immediately remove cookies to wirerack to cool. Makes about 48 cookies.