I can't remember the last time I had Oreos. Making these muffins brought back childhood memories when I used to eat Oreos all the time. Dip them in milk, twist them, eat the filling first, or eat it whole. Lots of ways I used to eat Oreos! These muffins turned out great. I slightly changed the recipe from Food.com. First, I cut the recipe in half as I did not want to have 40 mini muffins, added a little vanilla in the batter, broke the cookies into quarter chunks for the batter, and added an Oreo crumble on top. It made 10 muffins and I was happy with that!
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.Recipe
Adapted from Food.com - Makes 10 muffins
1 cup plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/8 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 Oreo cookies , broken into quarters
5 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In small bowl, combine milk, sour cream, vanilla and egg.
- Stir the egg mixture in to the flour mixture with butter until just blended.
- Gently stir in the 10 oreo cookies broken into quarters.
- Coarsely chop 5 oreo cookies and mix with sugar to make crumble.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan lined with baking cups and sprinkle with the oreo crumble.
- Bake at for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, cool on wire rack.