Junia and Rebecca to try this out. I wanted to add my own little touch to this simple recipe and came up with a Spicy Peanut Garnish to sprinkle over the crispy kale. This quick snack tasted great!! I will definitely be making this again... and again! The garnish makes quite a lot, so it depends how much you would like to sprinkle on but any leftovers just save for the next time you make some crispy "seaweed".
Inspired by Mis Pensamientos
200g Sliced Curly Kale
3tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt, to taste
Spicy Peanut Garnish:
1/3 cup Roasted Peanuts
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1tsp Dried Red Chilli Flakes
Splash of Toasted Sesame Oil
- PREHEAT the oven to 375F/190C.
- CUT the washed and dried kale into evenly bite size pieces. Get rid of any thick stalks.
- MASSAGE the olive oil all over the kale and spread evenly onto two baking sheets. Sprinkle over a little salt.
- BAKE for 10 minutes then carefully mix the kale up a little bit and place back in oven for about 5 minutes.
- USING a mini chopper, place in all the ingredients of the spicy peanut garnish and blitz until it is a crumbly texture.
- LET the kale cool on the baking sheets and then place into a small serving bowl.
- SPRINKLE the spicy peanut garnish over the kale.