Courtesy of Baker Street
7 cups cubed brioche bread
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups warm half-and-half
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pour all but 2 cups of the bread cubes in a large bowl. Add milk and cream and let stand for 3 minutes, then stir to mush up some of the cubes and let the liquid soak inches Stir in eggs, sugar, vanilla, brandy and butter.
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, then stir into wet ingredients. Add dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips, then stir well to make a chunky butter. Stir in reserved breads cubes just to mix.
4. Using a large ice-cream scoop, fill each muffin cup to just over rim. Place muffin pan in oven.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until muffins are golden with tips of firmer bread cubes golden brown. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Cool muffins on wire rack, and dust with icing sugar once completely cooled.