Baker Street. As a kid, I was not a huge chocolate fan and never tried anything with Rocky Road in the title. Looking back, I really missed out on great flavours, chocolate with gooey marshmallows and nuts. It's a great combination that just works! I think I see some rocky road inspired recipes in my future. Now these muffins, might not be the healthiest but they are a great indulgence to brighten my Monday Morning.
Courtesy of Baker Street
300g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
75g milk chocolate chopped
1/2 cup walnuts
60g mini marshmallows
150g soft brown sugar
200 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 400F/190C. Grease or line a 12 hole muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and marshmallows. Set aside.
- Reserve about 1/3 of the chocolate chunks and walnuts and add the rest to the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, milk, eggs and butter.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spoon dollops into muffin cases and sprinkle chocolate and nuts on top. Press them gently into the batter
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack.