Happy Muffin Monday!!! I was happy to join in on this week's Muffin Monday. These extremely easy to make muffins are wonderfully moist and very tasty! The only trouble I had was finding buttermilk. I have never needed it for a recipe before this and thought my local shop would have some... nope. Thanks to Google I found a substitute, try this if you're in the UK and can't find buttermilk.
Courtesy of BakerStreet
For the Muffins:
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
410g can pie apples
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
For the Coconut Crumble:
1/4 cup plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 400F / 200C
For the coconut crumble:
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and rub the butter using your fingertips till it is nice and crumbly. Set aside.
For the muffins:
- Grease or line a 12 hole muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in the apple. Do not over mix.
- In a measuring jug or medium bowl, combine egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the apple mixture and mix gently.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the prepared pan and top with coconut crumble.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.