It's a new month and that means a new BlogHop to bake with my fellow bloggers around the world! This month's BlogHop is focused on cookies. I LOVE COOKIES!! I decided to try something different and make Cinnamon Palmiers. I love cinnamon and couldn't wait to make these. This easy recipe can be made with homemade puff pastry or shop-bought. I used shop-bought puff pastry as I did not have enough time to make my own. There were quite a few recipes out there and I used them as guidance for my recipe. These sweet cookies are flaky and buttery, with a sweet caramelized bottom. I loved them! I was really happy with how they turned out and will be making them again for the holiday season!
Please join in on the #cookielove fun by linking up any cookie recipe from the month of December 2011. Don't forget to link back to this post, so that your readers know to come stop by the #cookielove event! The twitter hashtag is #cookielove :).
1 sheet of Puff Pastry Dough
3 tbs Butter, melted
2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup White Sugar
- COMBINE the butter, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and brown sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- MIX the sugar and rest of the cinnamon, then sprinkle onto a clean counter top.
- PLACE the puff pastry dough onto the sugared counter top. Roll the pastry to about 10" x 12", with some pressure so the sugar sticks to the puff pastry dough.
- SPREAD the cinnamon brown sugar glaze onto the surface of the puff pastry dough.
- FOLD one of the 10" sides to the middle and repeat with the other side, so they meet in the middle. Fold both sides again so they meet in the middle, then fold one half over the other like a book.
- PLACE the log on a baking sheet and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 400F/200C.
- SLICE the log in the 1/4" slices and place an inch apart onto non-stick baking paper.
- BAKE for 10-12 minutes and remove to a wire rack keeping them on the non-stick paper until completely cooled.
Badger Girl Learns to Cook, Baking and Cooking: A Tale of Two Loves, BigFatBaker, Bloc de Recetas, Bon a Croquer, CafeTerraBlog, Cake Duchess, Creative Cooking Corner, Easily Good Eats, Georgie Cakes, Hobby and More, Knitstamatic, Mike's Baking, Mis Pensamientos, No One Likes Crumbley Cookies, Oh Cake, Queen's Notebook, Savoring Every Bite, Simply Reem, Soni's Food for Thought, Teaspoon of Spice, That Skinny Chick Can Bake, The Art of Cooking Real Food, The Spicy RD, The Wimpy Vegetarian, Vegetarian Tastebuds, Vegan Yack Attack.