1.5kg Pork Shoulder Joint, off the bone
1 pint of your choice of Cider
2 White Onions
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Chicken Stock Cube
Worcestershire Sauce, few splashes
Cider Vinegar, few splashes
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Spread the vegetable oil on the base of the slow cooker and turn the heat on low. Roughly chop up the onions and garlic cloves. Place in the slow cooker.
- Remove netting from pork shoulder joint and place in slow cooker, skin side down on top of the onion and garlic layer.
- Crumble up the chicken stock cube and sprinkle the brown sugar over the meat then pour cider over. Add in the splashes of Worcestershire sauce and cider vinegar
- Turn the heat on high, cover and set timer for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours of cooking, remove meat from slow cooker and place in a large bowl. Remove the skin and discard. Using 2 forks shred the meat up and place back in the slow cooker with the meat juices, mix and set for 1 hour on high.