I love muffins, Mondays... not so much. Combine the two and it makes Muffin Monday, a much better way to start the week! These muffins are simple to make and the smell while baking was AMAZING! I couldn't wait to bite into one of these. The flavour was just as good as the smell. Try making these muffins to brighten up your morning and awaken your senses.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.
Courtesy of BakerStreet
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 cup caster sugar
90 grams butter
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. In a measuring jar or medium bowl, combine the orange zest, lemon zest, egg and milk. Set aside
3. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar, rub in the butter.
4. Add the milk mixture to the flour and gently mix until its just combined.
5. Spoon into a prepared muffin tray and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
6. Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven.
7. Let it cool on the wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.
Happy Muffin Monday!